– First, please click the [Inquiry] button to tell us what you envision your installation to look like. We will start by looking at your specific requirements, such as what kind of atmosphere you would like to create in what kind of space.
What are TSUKI-ITA TILES?
MORI KOUGEI’s TSUKI-ITA TILES are custom-made wood veneer tiles that can be used in a wide variety of interior decorating styles. Although simple, they have the expression of natural wood, and can add richness to any space.
We developed this product with the intention of combining traditional woodworking techniques with the needs of modern interior design. We hoped to create a product that not only expands the possibilities of interior design, but also transforms what those involved in space design have in their imagination into a tangible form.
Born from a fusion of tradition and innovation, this tile meets every design desire with a variety of wood types, rich colors, different sizes and shapes, and highly flexible customization options.。
TSUKI-ITA TILES, carefully crafted piece by piece, can realize an infinite number of design patterns. We hope that you will use our tiles as a canvas for realizing your ideal space and vision, rather than as a mere building material.
［Features of TSUKI-ITA TILES］
- Lower risk of “warping” than solid wood tiles which have issues with expansion and contraction.
- The selection and allocation of wood veneer can be made according to the design intent.
- Custom designs for each tile are also available.
［Customization for Unlimited Possibilities］
MORI KOUGEI’s TSUKI-ITA TILES are more than just face panels. It is a powerful tool for transforming your imagination into the ideal space. It is possible to customize every detail, from size to grain type and hue, to meet your specific design intent. It is characterized by a flexibility of design that allows for unlimited combinations, satisfying interior design professionals.
［Designed to Harmonize with Any Space］
Each space has its own theme, function, and atmosphere—MORI KOUGEI offers a variety of wood veneer tiles to best suit each space. From classic to modern and contemporary spaces, MORI KOUGEI can create designs that enhance the individuality of any place.
［Customization Options for Originality］
The tiles can be customized to a completely original design. Your images and designs can be embodied in the expression of the wood grain and used to decorate the space’s unique design. Create your own space with originally designed tiles.
［A Fusion of Advanced and Traditional Technologies］
From traditional indigo dyeing to the latest laser engraving technology, MORI KOUGEI combines and utilizes old traditions with cutting-edge technology. We firmly incorporate the best of both the old and the new to meet the needs of our clients and the market.
Dimensions including joints (mm) :
- Square: 100×100, 150×150
- Rectangle: 50×300, 100×300, 150×300
- Large format: 300×300, 450×450, 600×600
Actual surface dimension (mm):
- Square 98×98, 148×148
- Rectangle: 48×298, 98×298, 148×298
- Large format: 298×298, 448×448, 598×598
- Custom sizes: Up to 1200×2400 can be specified.
All sizes are available for horizontal application, diagonal application, and custom designs. Standard joint width is 2 mm.
- Standard base material: 5.5 mm MDF
- Additional options: 3.0mm, 4.0mm, 7.0mm, 9.0mm, 12.0mm, 15.0mm
- Note: 3.0mm and 4.0mm have an increased risk of warpage.
［Wood Type and Color］
- Basic lineup: White ash, Japanese ash, Cherry, Teak, Walnut
- Indigo-dyed tiles are dyed with “Hakko-date” method, the traditional fermentation method using lye and only natural material without using any chemicals.
A detailed lineup of wood types is on our website. https://mori-kougei.com/en/wood
- No coating
- Oil Finish
- Clear Urethane Coating
- Indigo-dyed tiles can be finished with clear urethane coating or oil finish.
Example of combinations in basic lineup
About indigo-dyed tiles
Natural indigo and the traditional techniques of indigo dyeing, both things that Tokushima Prefecture is proud of, are used for modern interior design. MORI KOUGEI’s indigo-dyed tiles were created with this in mind. These tiles are full of originality, combining the traditional indigo-dyeing techniques of Japan with modern design. They bring unparalleled depth and texture to interiors.
［Bring Natural Beauty to Interiors］
Our indigo-dyed tiles are dyed using the “Hakko-date” method, a traditional fermentation method using lye and only natural material without using any chemicals. It brings a unique hue and depth, and the natural texture which changes with time is appealing. It is no exaggeration to say that each piece is a work of art that evokes the warmth of natural materials and handmade work.
About laser engraving
Unique signs, logos, and other designs of your choice can be applied to the tiles. It is possible to create a customized finish for any space.
By using laser engraving, special messages and artwork can be engraved directly on the wood veneer tiles. This can express originality in a variety of spaces, including corporate branding in stores and offices, as well as private residences.
Using state-of-the-art laser technology, logos, text strings, complex illustrations, and designs can be laser-engraved based on a data created with design software such as Illustrator. This ensures a high degree of reproducibility.
About wood marquetry veneer tiles
The delicate wood marquetry technique allows us to express intricate geometric patterns, nature-inspired designs, and even original illustrations and logos with exquisite wood grain. MORI KOUGEI’s tiles can make your space into a special artwork using the fine beauty of natural wood and the design.
It is possible to express delicate designs such as text and illustrations in accordance with the designer’s intent.
We will create the design from the data provided in Illustrator.
［Pattern generation using an algorithm］
- Patterns can be generated using algorithms based on prepared basic patterns. There are currently two basic patterns available, and the lineup will be expanded in the future.
- We are planning to build a system that will allow you to manipulate the algorithm on our website, but at present we will respond to inquiries on an individual basis.
Using acrylic double-coated adhesive tape and glue together
［Preparation for Installation］
Before starting installation, make sure the surface is flat and free of dust and dirt to prevent the tiles from delaminating.
［Prepare to Attach］
Apply acrylic double-sided adhesive tape to both ends of the back surface of the tile.
Apply an appropriate adhesive agent to the blank areas where there is no double-sided adhesive tape. The type of adhesive agent may vary depending on the material of the surface to be applied, so select the appropriate type in advance.
Flat surfaces that can be fixed with adhesive.
*For substrates such as wallpaper, where there is a risk of surface delamination, plywood can be applied first to ensure a more stable installation.
Avoid installation on plaster or clay walls, rough or uneven surfaces, curved surfaces, or outdoors. Under these conditions, the adhesion of the tiles will be insufficient and we cannot guarantee the quality of the tiles after installation.
MORI KOUGEI’s veneer tiles are custom-made products that transform your space into something special. The procedure from order to delivery is as follows.
– Through e-mail or online meeting (ZOOM), we will discuss your image in more detail. At this stage, we will decide on details such as species, size, design, and finish (coating).
– As soon as we have a concrete image of the implementation, we will provide a quotation for the best plan for you. All specifications and prices will be clearly stated in the quotation.
Billing and Payment
– Once you agree with the estimate, we will issue a formal invoice. Once the order is confirmed and payment from the customer is received, we will begin the production.
Production and delivery
– After confirming your payment, we will proceed with the production with the utmost care and ship/deliver the product to the designated location. Quality is our top priority until the product is delivered to the customer.
– Delivery dates will be provided individually at the time of quotation. We will propose a production schedule that meets your requested timing.
TSUKI-ITA TILES Service Outline Brochure
Custom samples are also available. We will provide a separate estimate after discussing the details with you.
Click here to request a brochure.
TSUKI-ITA TILES Sample Kits
|White ash, Japanese ash, Cherry, Teak, Walnut,Indigo-dyed. Total 6 Tiles
- Free samples are not available.
- Please purchase a sample kit. (Section: Purchase a sample kit)
- We can produce customized samples that conform to your design intent.
Q&A – FAQ about TSUKI-ITA TILES
Q1**What customization options are available for TSUKI-ITA TILES? **A1
Extensive customization is possible in terms of size, wood type, lamination pattern, finish (uncoated, oil, clear urethane coating, indigo-dyed) and so on. Original designs can also be expressed with wood grain patterns.
Q2**Are samples available? **A2
Sample kits are available for purchase. Free samples are not available, but we can produce customized samples to your specific project and check the actual quality.
Q3**How are prices determined? **A3
Prices vary depending on the wood types, size, design, and finish selected, as well as the quantity ordered. Quotes will be provided based on a specific project requirement.
Q4**Does the installation require specialized skills? **A4
Although no specialized skills are required, we recommend that you check the “Installation Method” before installation to ensure accurate installation. If you are unsure about the installation, we recommend that you ask a professional worker.
Q5**What is your delivery time? **A5
Delivery time depends on the contents of the order, but will generally be announced individually at the time of quotation.
Q6**What payment options are available? **A6
We offer several payment options, including bank transfer and PayPal.
Q7**Can you ship overseas? **A7
We can deliver both domestically and internationally. We will provide details on shipping costs at the time of quotation.
Q8**What is the process for ordering a custom design? **A8
First, please let us know what you envision. After that, we will discuss the specific design at the online meeting, etc., and provide you a price quote with final specifications.
Q9**Is the indigo used for indigo-dyed tiles natural? **A9
All of our indigo-dyed tiles are made from natural indigo and dyed with the traditional lye fermentation method, called “Hakko-date”.
Wall material / Refrigerated showcase counter