DECORATIVE PLYWOOD PROCESSING
We can accept orders and create decorative plywood with natural wood veneer lamination.
We suggest decorative plywood after carefully listening to the requests and vision of our customers, using our extensive experience and knowledge of wood.
Please feel free to consult with us when using wood veneer for furniture, fixtures, architecture, shops, facilities, etc.
At MORI KOUGEI, we believe that a lifestyle with wood enriches and nurtures our spirits.
We would be happy to play a role in giving shape to our customers’ thoughts and ideas by proposing objects and spaces that bring a sense of peace and tranquility to their lives.
［About MORI KOUGEI]
Since its establishment in Tokushima in 1953, MORI KOUGEI has been specializing in the application of “tsuki-ita,” wood veneer or paper-thin slices of wood, to decorative plywood.
We have inherited from generation to generation the techniques and knowledge of wood that we have cultivated over the years. Thus we are able to offer a variety of designs by devising new ways to laminate wood, combining various colors of wood, and so on.
［What is Tsuki-ita?]
Wood sliced as thin as paper is called “Tsuki-ita”.
In Chinese characters, it is written “Tsuki-ita”. It is called “Tsuki-ita” because it is a thin board that is poked and shaved with a blade like a piece of wood.
It is widely used as a material for furniture, building interior materials, and other wood products in general.
The thickness of 0.2mm to 0.25mm is called “thin wood veneer” and the thickness of 0.5mm to 0.6mm is called “thick wood veneer. And the items
When Tsuki-ita is laminated onto the surface of plywood or MDF, it is called “Decorative Plywood.”
The pattern of Tsuki-ita is different depending on how the wood is sliced.
[Main slicing method.]
MORI KOUGEI has been specializing in the processing of decorative plywood for many years and handles a wide variety of wood types, including rare species that are difficult to obtain today.
Please refer to this page for your selection.
We have a wide variety of wood in an assortment of colors, grown in various regions of the world.
*Some wood types may not be available due to circumstances beyond our control.
［About the base material]
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the current shortages, and price hikes. We will inform you about our stock status when you contact us.
- Lauan plywood: 2.5/4.0/5.5/9.0/12.0/15.0/18.0/21.0/24.0 (mm)
- Linden plywood: Please inquire
- Bent linden: Please inquire
- MDF: 2.5/4.0/5.5/9.0/12.0/15.0/18.0/21.0/24.0 (mm)
- Water-resistant MDF: 2.7/12.0 (mm)
Width: 1200mm / Length: up to about 3600mm (length depends on the size of the wood veneer)
- Please ask us if you need a size larger than 4×8 (1200mm x 2400mm).
- Fixed length (3×6/3×7/3×8/4×6/4×8) sizes are relatively inexpensive.
- Longer sizes (3×9/3×10/3×12) are made of MDF.
We can flexibly accommodate cut dimensions.
Introduction of actual instances where decorative plywood has been used.
Wall material / Refrigerated showcase counter
Sushi Restaurant Counter
Renovation Projects Singapore
Lexus Tokushima Round Table
Shelf / Door White Oak
MORI KOUGEI uses original lamination patterns and wood inlaying/marquetry techniques to express your designs in wood.
We will create an original design based on the image and color you have in mind.
- Inquiry: Please contact us first.
- Hearing: Send us an email to discuss the purpose of use, image, etc.
- Proposal: We give you a proposal of wood types, colors, and application patterns that match your image.
- Submission of quotation: Within 3 business days after the hearing your response to our proposal.
- Order: If you accept the contents of the quotation, please contact us to place an order.
- Payment: We will send you an invoice with payment information by email. Please make your payment by PayPal or bank transfer.
- Delivery: We will arrange delivery to the indicated destination.
The quoted price is calculated based on the wood type, base material, size, and design.
We would appreciate it if you could share any photos or images you have when you contact us.
We will send you a quotation by email once the detailed specifications have been decided.
After you accept our price on quotation, we will send you an invoice with your payment information by email
※Please make your payment via PayPal or bank transfer.
※Once your payment is confirmed, your order will be placed.
For Individual Customers
Please feel free to contact us for consultation.
For Corporate Customers
Please feel free to contact us for custom-made furniture, stores, facilities, etc.
For Overseas Customers
We accept orders from all over the world.
Please inform us of the import restrictions in your country.
If you are not sure, please contact us and we will do our best to find out.
When shipping MORI KOUGEI products overseas, import duties and consumption taxes may apply. MORI KOUGEI is not responsible for any duties or consumption taxes.
The product will be delivered with a #240 belt sander finish (unpainted).
If you wish to have a painted finish, etc., please let us know at the time of inquiry.
For small quantities, we will ship within about 3 business days after the order for wood types in stock.
For orders of more than 50 pieces, or orders with designs classified as designed plywood, we will advise you of the delivery date when you contact us.
For wood types that are not in stock or during peak season, we will advise you of the delivery date when you contact us.
Once the product is completed, we will pack it tightly with corner covers etc., and arrange for delivery to the indicated destination.
Please inform us the delivery address.
Shipping costs vary depending on the area and size of the product, so we will inform you of them when you give us an inquiry.
［Regulations regarding formaldehyde]
Laminated plywood produced by MORI KOUGEI is made from F4-star grade raw materials that conform to JIS and JAS standards.
MORI KOUGEI can handle various types of wood processing.
Please feel free to contact us with requests such as “I want to have some furniture like this.”
- Company Name :MORI KOUGEI CO.,LTD.
- Established: 1953
- Established : June 10, 1970
- Capital stock : 5 million yen
- Representative Director: Ken’ichi Mori
- Number of employees: 3
- Main facilities : Guillotine wood slicer, gluing machine, hydraulic hot press, wide belt sander
- Business description : Manufacture and sale of decorative plywood, wood inlay processing, planning/manufacture and sale of wooden furniture and miscellaneous wooden goods, export and sale of products, manufacture and sale of arts and crafts
- Address : 3-5-34 Suehiro, Tokushima City, Tokushima Prefecture, 770-0866, Japan
- Phone number : 088-653-7518
- FAX : 088-626-3773
- MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact us for more information.